Go Back | Print |
Egypt condemns Israeli coercive measures against Palestinians
Deputy Spokesman for the Foreign Ministry Counsellor Nazih El-Naggary condemned the recent detention campaign carried out by the Israeli authorities against the Representatives of the Change and Reform Block of the Palestinian Legislative Council. He demanded Israel to immediately release the detained Representatives and condemned the administrative detention policy Israel practices against the Palestinians, as this policy is a violation of all international norms and conventions.
The Egyptian Official affirmed that the Israeli campaign comes within a series of rejected coercive measures, carried out by Israel against the Palestinian people starting with land confiscation and repeated announcements on establishing new settlements in flagrant violation to international law, and halting the transfer of revenues from taxation owed to the Palestinian Authority, a matter which negatively affects the lives of Palestinians, together with the Israeli army suppression of popular resistance activities and ending with detaining the elected representatives.
- Israel and Mexico to increase bilateral cooperation
- Israel is not bound by the agreement with Iran, warned PM Netanyahu
- Top British diplomat announces UK-Palestinian strategic dialogue
- Israelis and Palestinians must refrain from undermining renewed talks, said UN political chief
- They got everything, and paid nothing, Israel utterly rejected agreement with Iran
- Hamas leader Haniyah hails Jordan role in supporting Palestinian people
- Israeli, Greek governments held summit
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu met with Czech President Zeman
- US Defense Secretary, Israeli counterpart met at Pentagon
- King of Saudi Arabia receives Egyptian Interim President
- Iran goal is to take over the entire Middle East and beyond, said Israeli PM Netanyahu
- Jordan, Egypt discuss ties, agree to convene join committee this year
- Israeli PM Netanyahu interviewed for the first time in the Persian language Media
- Egyptian FM Fahmy met with EU HR Ashton
- At UN, Israel insists tough sanctions must remain to deter Iranian nuclear threat
- Iran's conciliatory words have to be matched by real actions, Netanyahu told Obama
- Austrian Foreign Ministry lifts travel warning for Egyptian resorts
- UK FS Hague regrets departure of Palestinian PM Fayyad
- Egyptian President Morsi visits Sudan, to improve ties
- Security Council express grave concern over presence of troops in Golan Heights
- PM Netanyahu speaks with Turkish PM Erdogan, expresses Israel's apology
- President Obama calls US Commitment to Israel solemn obligation
- Barack Obama makes first visit to Israel as US President, reaffirms the "Unbreakable Alliance"
- The greatest danger to peace in the world is the present Iranian regime, Israeli President Peres tells EP
- Egyptian FM Amr visits Somalia, announces reopening of Embassy in Mogadishu
view original source
Parts of or the whole information published on this page is likely to originate from Official Institutions like Governments, Ministries, Embassies and States. Its reproduction on this page does not constitute any endorsement from DiploNews and any of its affiliates and/or partners. If titles are sometimes modified for better understanding, the contents are reproduced exactly as delivered by the institution that first published it. To know the exact origin, click on 'view original source' at the end of the page. All information that originates from DiploNews is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without written express authorization from DiploNews.