Go Back | Print |
Iran sees Egypt as an heavyweight in the Middle East and the
Iranian FM Salehi hails strong and good ties with Egypt, visits
Cairo, attends OIC summit
Iran and Egypt are enjoying strong and good ties, Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said here Monday ahead of his visit to Cairo where he is to take part in the summit meeting of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperaion (OIC).
Talking to IRNA in Berlin at the end of his three-day visit to Germany,
Salehi said, 'Relations with Egypt have consistently expanded since the popular
in that country and this stems from the will of both peoples.'
Egypt is a very important country in the region and the Islamic Republic of Iran
views it as a heavyweight in the Middle East and the Islamic world', he added.
Pointing out that he has visited Egypt five times since the success of the Egyptian revolution, Salehi reiterated Tehranís readiness to exchange ambassadors with Cairo.
He highlighted the good political ties between the two countries and that their cooperation on the international scene, such as the Syrian crisis.
Iran's chief diplomat also stressed Iranís full readiness for cooperation with Egypt in every possible field.
- Iran could earn as much as USD 15bn oil revenues by 2014
- Initial agreement can be the basis for future intelligent measures, wrote Iranian Supreme Leader Khamenei
- Afghanistan and Iran to strengthen and deepen bilateral cooperation
- Iran invited inspectors to visit Arak nuclear facility, said IAEA chief
- Iran and Pakistan to fast track the IP gas pipeline
- Agreement with Iran is an opportunity for the entire Middle East, said Italian FM Bonino
- Agreement reached on unprecedented transparency and intrusive monitoring of Iran's nuclear program
- Israel is not bound by the agreement with Iran, warned PM Netanyahu
- UNSC strongly condemned the terrorist attacks against Iran's embassy in Beirut
- Iran expects China to play its role against excessive demands of certain countries
- 100 Days on, Canada still waits for real reform in Iran
- IAEA, Iran sign Joint Statement on Framework for Cooperation
- They got everything, and paid nothing, Israel utterly rejected agreement with Iran
- Iranian President Rouhani said the West should not miss unique opportunity
- Firmness does not mean being closed, French FM Fabius said after rejecting agreement with Iran
- In a meeting with new Austrian Ambassador, President Rouhani terms Iran 5 plus 1 talks as smoothly advancing
- Iranian, UAE DFMs meet on bilateral ties
- Iran is ready to host any meeting to find a solution to the crisis in Syria
- IAEA, Iran to meet again on November 11
- Iran, P5+1 held talks, issued statement
- King of Saudi Arabia receives Egyptian Interim President
- UK FS Hague to appoint non resident CdA to Iran
- Iran goal is to take over the entire Middle East and beyond, said Israeli PM Netanyahu
- Sanctions on Iran do not serve Interests of Western governments, said Iranian FM
- Jordan, Egypt discuss ties, agree to convene join committee this year
view original source
Parts of or the whole information published on this page is likely to originate from Official Institutions like Governments, Ministries, Embassies and States. Its reproduction on this page does not constitute any endorsement from DiploNews and any of its affiliates and/or partners. If titles are sometimes modified for better understanding, the contents are reproduced exactly as delivered by the institution that first published it. To know the exact origin, click on 'view original source' at the end of the page. All information that originates from DiploNews is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without written express authorization from DiploNews.