Go Back | Print |
Colombian Guerrilla says Peace Talks in Havana achieve modest Advancement
Colombia’s Revolutionary Armed Forces (FARC) described as modest the advancement reached by peace talks in Havana with representatives of the Juan Manuel Santos government.
In a communiqué issued in the Cuban capital, guerrilla member Ivan Marquez said that an agreement on land ownership was reached in the agrarian issue meaning that all farmers with lands will be given their ownership documents.
However, he said that the most recent national stoppage in the country revealed social dissatisfaction on that point and justifies the statements made by the guerrilla group at the bargaining table.
The two parties exchanged views on nearly 200 proposals on the land issue and political participation.
- OAS Countries share Regional Cooperation Strategies to prevent and respond to Public Security Threats in MISPA IV
- OAS welcomes the Agreement on Peace Negotiations in Colombia
- President Xi stressed China's relations with Cuba
- OAS SG Insulza reaffirms Support for Peace Initiatives in Colombia and highlights Canada contribution to MAPP
- US blockade has inflicted incalculable damage to Cuba, FM Rodriguez said at the UN
- Mexican President Nieto meets with Colombian counterpart Santos
- FARC-EP demand of Colombian Government concrete actions for peace, says Cuba
- Colombian Peace Talks advance despite differences, says Cuba
- FARC insists that jailed Guerrilla Commander attends Peace Talks, says Cuba
- No Revolution is possible without the People, says Cuban leader Fidel Castro
- CELAC sparks expectations towards Regional integration, says Cuba
- FARC-EP call on Colombian government for speed and commitment, says Cuba
- Cuba and Bolivia mark 30th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations
- Ecuador and Cuba to expand Bilateral Cooperation
- Colombia and Indonesia seize a Momentum to promote Bilateral Cooperation
- Ecuador and Colombia thrust bilateral development
- European Commission welcomes European Parliament's support for closer ties with Central America and new trade deals with Peru and Colombia
- Cuban President Castro meets with Chinese military delegation
- FARC-EP and Colombian Government to resume Talks, says Cuba
- Chinese Lt. Gen. Qi Jianguo leaves Beijing for Cuba to pay visit
- Mexican FS Espinosa decorates FMs of Colombia, Chile and Peru
- Cuba says FARC-EP welcomes Colombian Government Initiative
- UNSC must undergo deep Change, says Cuba
- International Trade Committee backs EU trade deal with Colombia and Peru
- EU and Colombia hold the Second Meeting of their Bilateral Consultation Mechanism
view original source
Parts of or the whole information published on this page is likely to originate from Official Institutions like Governments, Ministries, Embassies and States. Its reproduction on this page does not constitute any endorsement from DiploNews and any of its affiliates and/or partners. If titles are sometimes modified for better understanding, the contents are reproduced exactly as delivered by the institution that first published it. To know the exact origin, click on 'view original source' at the end of the page. All information that originates from DiploNews is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without written express authorization from DiploNews.